Updated August 31, 2012Each country has a retailer that is its biggest and best, and when comparing the biggest and best retail chains from each company, the Global Powers of Retailing list emerges. From the 14th annual “Global Powers of Retailing” report compiled by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and STORES Magazine, this is the list of the retailers who are leading the way for the retail industry in each of their 32 homelands.
The “Global Powers of Retailing” list ranks global retailers according to total revenue. In 2011 the list reflects the revenue that was generated in 2009, which was a year when retail companies around the world were struggling to survive the "Great Recession." Despite that, the changes from the last Global Powers list are surprisingly not all that dramatic.
Click the links below to view the "World's Largest Retailers" list by continent or view the complete list, which is arranged by country.
See also... What is the Largest Single Retail Store in the World? >>
- Largest Retail Companies in North America
- Largest Retail Companies in Europe
- Largest Retail Companies in Asia
- Largest Retail Companies in Australia
- Largest Retail Companies in South America
- Largest Retail Companies in Africa
- Complete List of Largest Retail Companies Arranged by Country