Neiman Marcus Facts & Trivia:
- Before opening the first Neiman Marcus store, the founding team turned down an opportunity to purchase a franchise selling an obscure fountain drink called Coca Cola.
- Stanley Marcus (son of founder Herbert Marcus) created the Neiman Marcus Award for Distinguished Service in the Field of Fashion, which is presented to fashion designers who influence the direction of the fashion industry.
- Neiman Marcus had the first customer loyalty program (InCircle), and the first in-store gift-wrapping service.
- Neiman Marcus was reportedly designer Coco Chanel's favorite place to shop.
Neiman Marcus Group History:
The Bergdorf Goodman flagship store opened in 1901 in New York City. That company was founded by Herman Bergdorf in 1899 as a tailor shop. That tailor shop was purchased by Edwin Goodman in 1906 and the business started evolving to the luxury retailer it is today.
Carter Hawley Hale Stores acquired Neiman Marcus in 1969 and Bergdorf Goodman in 1972. Neiman-Marcus Group, Inc. was split off in 1987.
Bergdorf Goodman Facts & Trivia:
- Square footage for all Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus stores totals 316,000 square feet, as of March, 2008.
- Bergdorf Goodman was the first retailer to introduce ready-to-wear clothes, as an alternate to custom-made, tailored clothes.
- When the Bergdof Goodman building on 5th Avenue was originally built, it included a 9th floor residence for the Goodman family. This was converted into a day spa and salon in 1997.
Neiman Marcus Mission Statement:
Neiman Marcus Christmas Book Catalog:
Neiman Marcus Products and Target Customers:
Neiman Marcus Group Revenues and Profits:
Neiman Marcus Business Holdings:
Its specialty retail stores segment includes Neiman Marcus stores, Bergdorf Goodman stores, and Horchow stores. It's direct marketing segment consists of the world famous Neiman Marcus Christmas Book catalog, and the Horchow Home catalog, as well as e-commerce websites for Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and Horchow.
Neiman Marcus Key Management:
- Burton M. Tansky, Chairman and CEO, The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc.
- Karen Katz, President and CEO, Neiman marcus Stores; Executive Vice President, The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc.
- James E. Skinner, Executive Vice President and CFO, The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc.
- James Gold, President and CEO, Bergdorf Goodman
- Lindy Rawlinson, Vice President of Web Operations and New Business, Neiman Marcus Direct
Neiman Marcus Contact Information:
Dallas, TX 75201
Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Urban Legend Hoax :
Neiman Marcus claims the story is completely untrue, pointing out that it had no chocolate chip recipe at the time the story started circulating, and that it also did not accept VISA as a form of payment in its stores. In response to the widespread rumor and the criticism they received from it, the company did create a chocolate cookie recipe, which it makes available at no charge.
The Neiman Marcus $250 Cookie Recipe story is considered to be an urban legend. It was an early example of viral communication that was originally passed along via xerox copies. The legend gained even more notoriety as a popular viral e-mail message that readers were encouraged to forward to all their friends.
Neiman Marcus Philosophies and Quotes:
- “It’s never a good sale for Neiman Marcus unless it’s a good buy for the customer.” – Herbert Marcus
- “When you enter a Neiman Marcus store, we want you to know exactly where you are shopping and what we’re about. We work very hard to create a luxurious experience for our customers – whether it’s the amazing merchandise, the fresh flowers or the artwork. “ - Burt Tansky
- “After 100 years, we are a testament that service and quality never go out of style.” – Burt Tansky
- “We emphasize that best service is based on ordinary day-in-and-day-out interactions that make us a great store known for outstanding service.” - Burt Tansky