Updated May 23, 2013More than just a coffee and pastry shop, Starbucks stores are famous around the world for their uniquely branded customer experience, which was fashioned under the leadership of CEO Howard Shultz.
These quotations from Howard Schultz reveal the beliefs and principles that guided the leader as he was building the world class Starbucks brand, which is loved by some, hated by others, but recognized by just about everybody.
Click to get Inspired Insights Quote of the Day via e-mail >>
Quotable Quotes From Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks, About Building the World Class Starbucks Brand:
- "What Starbucks has created around coffee is an extension of the front porch. If you look at the UK, the English pub is an extension of people's homes but for a different beverage. Our stores have become a gathering and meeting place in addition to the coffee."
- "While we are a coffee company at heart, Starbucks provides much more than the best cup of coffee—we offer a community gathering place where people come together to connect and discover new things."
- "Starbucks represents something beyond a cup of coffee."
- "Providing our customers with innovative and unique ways to discover and acquire all genres of great music is another way we are enhancing the Starbucks Experience."
- "Just as we have demonstrated with music, we believe that Starbucks can ultimately change the rules of the game for film marketing and distribution."
- "We establish the value of buying a product at Starbucks by our uncompromising quality and by building a personal relationship with each customer."
- "Starbucks is rekindling America's love affair with coffee, bringing romance and fresh flavor back to the brew."
- "We believed very early on that people's interaction with the Starbucks experience was going to determine the success of the brand."
- "We have no patent on anything we do and anything we do can be copied by anyone else. But you can't copy the heart and the soul and the conscience of the company."
- "We look at the brand not as a piece of advertising but everything we do communicates who Starbucks is. The place, the physical environment really has become an extension of the brand and it's very important to the success of the company."
- "The taste of our coffee has really created such a quality experience that we've been able to convince people over the last 20 years that it's still a very good value even though it's more expensive than traditional coffee you can find at a diner."
- "Coffee will always be the core of what we do. So many companies have made mistakes by not sticking to their knitting and they start believing their own press. That's not going to be us."