Chevron Oil has its origins in California when Demetrius Scofield and Frederick Taylor created a company called California Star Oil Works, which was the first company to drill a successful oil well for commercial purposes in 1876. California Star and its successful oil well was acquired by the Pacific Coast Oil Co. on September 10, 1879.
The name “Chevron” first appeared on gas and oil products. It wasn’t until 1977 that Chevron U.S.A. was used as the company name. At that time six different domestic oil and gas operations were using six different names. With this name change, all of Chevron’s oil and gas enterprises took on the common brand identity of Chevron.
Chevron Oil Headquarters:
The Chevron Oil corporate headquarters are located in San Ramon, California, in the state where the company has its original roots.
The Mission, Vision, and Values of Chevron Oil, Gasoline Stations, and Convenience Stores:
The mission of Chevron Oil is to conduct business “the Chevron Way,” which means “getting results the right way.” To eliminate the individual interpretation of Chevron Oil employees about what the “Chevron way” and the “right way” is, Chevron has created this Vision to define its mission:
"At the heart of The Chevron Way is our vision ... to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
Our vision means we:
- safely provide energy products vital to sustainable economic progress and human development throughout the world;
- are people and an organization with superior capabilities and commitment;
- are the partner of choice;
- earn the admiration of all our stakeholders — investors, customers, host governments, local communities and our employees — not only for the goals we achieve but how we achieve them;
- deliver world-class performance.”
”Our company's foundation is built on our values, which distinguish us and guide our actions. We conduct our business in a socially responsible and ethical manner. We respect the law, support universal human rights, protect the environment and benefit the communities where we work.
- Integrity - We are honest with others and ourselves...
- Trust - We trust, respect and support each other...
- Partnership - We have an unwavering commitment to being a good partner...
- Diversity - We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work...
- Ingenuity - We seek new opportunities and out-of-the-ordinary solutions...
- Protecting People and the Environment - We place the highest priority on the health and safety of our workforce and protection of our assets and the environment...
- High Performance - We are committed to excellence in everything we do, and we strive to continually improve...
More About U.S. Company Mission Statements, History, and Headquarters:
- Complete List of Convenience Store Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- Chevron is Named One of the Most Valuable Brands in the World
- Chevron on the Most Admired Companies List
- Chevron Ranks As One of the Most Reputable Companies in the U.S.
| Pinteresting Retail Pins | Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |