The Boeing history extends back to 1910 when William Boeing purchased a shipyard in Seattle, Washington, which was destined to become the first Boeing airplane factory. It was sox years later that Boeing finished building a B&W seaplane in his boathouse. The next year the Boeing Airplane Co. came into being with the intention of building and selling aircrafts. That same year Boeing received an order for 50 seaplanes from the U.S. Navy.
Boeing merged with McDonnell Douglas in 1997 and today produces commercial airplanes, as well as defense, space, and security aircrafts.
Boeing Aerospace Company Headquarters:
The Boeing corporate headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois.
Boeing Mission, Vision, and Values:
Boeing has an overarching company Vision, which provides a broad and lofty inspiration goal to its employees. The Boeing company Vision is:
"People working together as a global enterprise for aerospace leadership."
Beyond the reference to leadership, the company Vision doesn’t provide much specific guidance, so Boeing employees are also provided with a set of Boeing Business Imperatives, which Boeing believes will help the company achieve its vision. The Boeing Business Imperatives are:
- "Detailed customer knowledge and focus that understand, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Large-scale systems integration that continually develops and advances technical excellence.
- A lean enterprise characterized by efficiency, supplier management, short cycle times, high quality and low transaction costs.”
- ”Leadership - We will be a world-class leader in every aspect of our business...
- Integrity - We will always take the high road by practicing the highest ethical standards...
- Quality - We will strive for continuous quality improvement in all that we do...
- Customer Satisfaction - Satisfied customers are essential to our success...
- People Working Together - We recognize our strength and our competitive advantage is -- and always will be -- people...
- A Diverse and Involved Team - We value the skills, strengths and perspectives of our diverse team...
- Good Corporate Citizenship - We will provide a safe workplace and protect the environment...
- Enhancing Shareholder Value - Our business must produce a profit, and we must generate superior returns..."
”We are constantly re-examining our capabilities and processes to ensure that our company is as strong and vital as our heritage. In fact, our culture mirrors the heritage of aviation itself, built on a foundation of innovation, aspiration and imagination.”
More about the Boeing Vision, Values, and Business Imperatives >>
More About U.S. Company Mission Statements, History, and Headquarters:
- Complete List of Non-Retail Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
| Pinteresting Retail Pins | Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |