The Chevrolet brand was founded by Louis Chevrolet and William "Billy" Durant, who was the General Motors founder in 1908. After Durant was ousted from General Motors in 1910, he partnered with Chevrolet. Durant bought a controlling interest in General Motors in 1916 and took the leadership position in GM again, bringing the Chevrolet brand into the company as its own division.
The headquarters of General Motors and the Chevrolet brand is located in Detroit, Michigan.
The Mission Statement of the General Motors Car Company and the Chevrolet Brand :
The unofficial mission statement of General Motors Car Company and the Chevrolet brand come directly from Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson...
"We win when the customer says we win."
Officially there are Five Principles which the newly reorganized post-recessionary General Motors company uses to guide its business, decisions and daily activities...
- "Safety and Quality First
- Create Life-Long Customers
- Deliver Long-Term Investment Value
- Make a Positive Difference"
- Complete List of Automobile Company Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- Chevrolet on the Best Cars for Your Money List
- Chevrolet Sonic Predicted to Win Big From Super Bowl XLVI Advertising
- General Motors Post-Bankruptcy Report Card