The first Chrysler brand automobile was manufactured by Maxwell Motors in 1924, named after Walter Chrysler. The Chrysler Motor Corporation was formed in 1925 to manage the Chrysler brand. The Chrysler Corporation was formed on June 26, 1925, with Walter Chrysler as President and Chairman of the Board. By the end of 1925 there were 3800 Chrysler dealerships operating.
Chrysler Group Headquarters:
The Chrysler Group Headquarters are located in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
Chrysler Group Mission, Vision and Principles:
The founding philosophy of Chrysler was "design with purpose." After the Chrysler corporation went into bankruptcy in 2008, a new company emerged with a realignment of its mission, vision, and principles to return the company to profitability. In the redefinition, the new vision, mission and principles reinvigorated the purpose of Chrysler's "design with purpose." This new Chrysler Group mission, referred to as its "vision" is...
"Our vision is to build cars and trucks people want to buy, will enjoy driving and will want to buy again."
The new Chrysler Group further defines its "purpose"...
"To create the type of exciting, efficient, reliable, safe vehicles you expect and deserve."
In an open letter to stakeholders in 2009, the CEO at that time, Bob Nardelli defined three basic principles for the new Chrysler Group...
- Enhance our core: invest in product enhancements; strengthen our customer focus; improve our relationship with our dealers; and recommit the entire organization to a new level of quality.
- Extend our business: develop or establish partnerships to provide new products; build off of existing products to extend into new segments; explore new and adjacent market opportunities; and accelerate new technologies and innovation.
- Expand our market: pursue global alliances to fill gaps in our product portfolio and open new geographic opportunities; increase global sales by building from our existing dealer network; and invest closer to our global customers by enhancing regional business operations and global engineering centers.
More About U.S. Company Mission Statements, History, and Headquarters:
- Complete List of Automobile Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry