The first Dunkin’ Donuts store was opened by William Rosenberg in 1950 in Quincy Massachusetts. The first Dunkin’ Donuts franchise was opened in 1955, and today there are more than 10,000 Dunkin’ Donuts franchises in 36 states in the U.S. and 32 countries around the world. In 1990, Allied Lyons, the parent company of the Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream chain, purchased Dunkin’ Donuts, and in 2004 the name of the parent company was changed to Dunkin’ Brands.
Dunkin’ Donuts Restaurant Chain Headquarters:
The corporate headquarters of the Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise along with with the headquarters of the Dunkin’ Brands group are located in Canton, Massachusetts.
The Mission Statement of Dunkin’ Donuts Stores and Dunkin’ Brands:
The original mission statement (referred to as the “philosophy”) of Dunkin’ Donuts came straight from the founder:
: "Make and serve the freshest, most delicious coffee and donuts quickly and courteously in modern, well-merchandised stores.”
Today, because 100% of the 10,000+ Dunkin' Donuts stores located around the world are franchisee-owned and operated, each individual Dunkin’ Donuts store could have its own mission statement. But as the parent company of the Dunkin’ Donuts franchise, Dunkin’ Brands has 12 Values and Principles that the company believes should guide the decisions of everyone associated with Baskin-Robbins retail outlets, and lead all Dunkin’ Donuts franchisees to success. The Dunkin’ Brands Values and Guiding Principles are:
- Honesty - Embrace the truth about oneself and the world.
- Transparency - Demonstrate openness and vulnerability.
- Humility - Acknowledge own mistakes and commit to learning.
- Integrity - Say what you think and do what you say.
- Respectfulness - Honor the dignity, inclusion, and diversity of others.
- Fairness - Do what is right based on common principles.
- Responsibility - Make yourself accountable to the community.
- Leadership - Responsibility with passion at every level.
- Innovation - Excellence in everything we do.
- Execution - Ownership and accountability for results, success and failure.
- Social Stewardship - Demonstration of good corporate citizenship and responsibility to all constituencies.
- Fun - Approach every challenge with enthusiasm, energy and excitement... celebrate every step of the way!”
- Complete List of Restaurant Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- How to Get Free Ice Cream in the Baskin-Robbins Birthday Club
- Get Hourly and Management Jobs at Baskin-Robbins Stores
- How Baskin-Robbins Ranks as a Global Franchise Chain