The Gap retail stores chain was founded by Donald and Doris Fisher, who opened their first store in San Francisco on August 21, 1969.
Corporate Headquarters for The Gap Stores:
The headquarters of The Gap are located in the city where the company was founded, San Francisco, California.
The Mission Statement of The Gap Stores:
According to the Gap.com corporate website, the mission statement of The Gap stores is:
“Gap, Inc. is a brand-builder. We create emotional connections with customers around the world through inspiring product design, unique store experiences, and compelling marketing."
In addition to its mission statement, The Gap also has a purpose statement, which is designed to guide the daily actions of its employees. The Gap Purpose is:
"Our purpose? Simply, to make it easier for you to express your personal style throughout your life. We have more than 150,000 passionate, talented people around the world who help bring this purpose to life for our customers."
One more piece of guidance provided by Gap Inc. to its employees is its Key Values. These specifically defined values are meant to create a socially responsible retail operation in all of its stores and offices throughout the world. The Gap stores key values are:
- Complete List of Retail and Non-Retail Mission Statements
- Complete Gallery of Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- Gap.com E-club Freebies, Discounts, and Coupons
- Gap Store Closings
- The Gap Stores Ranking on the World's Largest Retailers List