The Honda Company was founded by Soichiro Honda in 1946 as the Honda Technical Research Institute, focused on creating motorized bicycles. The company was incorporated on September 24, 1948 as Honda Motor Company. The first Honda car was the S500, which was introduced in 1963.
In 1959, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. was opened in Los Angeles, California with just six employees. The first Honda manufactured in Marysville, Ohio on November 1, 1982.
Honda Corporation Headquarters:
The global headquarters for the Honda corporation are located in Tokyo, Japan. The U.S. headquarters for American Honda Motor Co, Inc. are located in Torrance, California.
Honda Automobile Company Mission, Vision, and Values:
The Honda Company Mission Statement is officially referred to as the Company Principle, and it seemingly is no different that the mission of every company that manufactures and sells cars in the world. The Honda Company Mission Statement is...
"Maintaining a global viewpoint, we are dedicated to supplying products of the highest quality, yet at a reasonable price for worldwide customer satisfaction."
Larger than this company principle, Honda is guided by a foundational mission, which it refers to as its "Basic Principles" which are...
"Respect for the individual. The Three Joys (buying, selling and creating)."
And to inspire its management team as they lead the Honda automobile company into the future, Honda has a clear set of Management Policies, which make its Basic Principles and Mission Statement a real part of its daily operations...
- Proceed always with ambition and youthfulness.
- Respect sound theory, develop fresh ideas, and make the most effective use of time.
- Enjoy work and encourage open communication.
- Strive constantly for a harmonious flow of work.
- Be ever mindful of the value of research and endeavor."
More About U.S. Company Mission Statements, History, and Headquarters:
- Complete List of Automobile Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry