JC Penney's Founder:
James Cash Penney opened a dry-goods store in Kemmerer, WY in 1902, and this was the beginning of what is known as the JC Penney retail chain today. Penney called his first stores "The Golden Rule," which was the foundation of both his business and personal philosophy.
JC Penney's Headquarters:
JC Penney headquarters are located in Plano, TX.
JC Penney Stores Mission / Vision Statement:
It was never a secret what James Cash Penney valued when he opened his first store called The Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you," is a mission statement that guided Penney and his employees for as long as he was actively involved in his business.
Today, that mission statement is still an important part of the JC Penney philosophy, although its employees have more specific guiding principles which define how they are expected to "work and win together to achieve superior performance. These are the eight "Winning Together Principles" that are the mission for JC Penney employees today:
- Associates - We value, develop and reward the contributions and talents of all associates.
- Integrity - We act only with the highest ethical standards.
- Performance - We provide coaching and feedback to perform at the highest level.
- Recognition - We celebrate the achievements of others.
- Teamwork - We win together through leadership, collaboration, open and honest communication, and respect.
- Quality - We strive for excellence in our work, products, and services.
- Innovation - We encourage creative thinking and intelligent risk taking.
- Community - We care about and are involved in our communities.
- Complete List of Department Store Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- JC Penney Complete Same Store Sales Roundup 2010
- JC Penney's Brand Makeover
- James Cash Penney - Principles in Business
| Pinteresting Retail Pins | Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |