Barney Kroger opened a grocery store in downtown Cincinnati in 1883 by investing his life savings of $372. His "mission statement" from the beginning was "Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself."
The Kroger Company Headquarters:
The Kroger Company headquarters are located not far from the location of their first store in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Kroger Company Mission / Vision Statement:
"Our mission is to be a leader in the distribution and merchandising of food, pharmacy, health and personal care items, seasonal merchandise, and related products and services."
To accomplish its mission, Kroger has six values provide guidance to its employees about how they do what they do every day. Those values are:
Honesty - Doing the right things, telling the truth.
Integrity - Living our values in all we do, unified approach to how we do business and treat each other.
Respect for Others - Valuing opinions, property and perspectives of others.
Diversity - Reflecting a workplace that includes a variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures, diversity of opinions and thoughts.
Safety - Watching out for others, being secure and safe in your workplace.
Inclusion - Your voice matters, working together works, encouraging everyone’s involvement, being the best person you can be.
- Complete List of Grocery Store and Supermarket Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- Kroger's Ranking on the World's Largest Retailers List
- 2010 Store Closings for the Kroger Company
- Kroger Names as a Most Admired Company
- Current Job Openings at The Kroger Company