Subway was founded in 1965 when 17 year-old Fred DeLuca partnered with Dr. Peter Buck and opened the first Pete's Subway in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Subway didn't start franchising until 1974, when its first franchise location opened in Wallingford, Connecticut.
Subway Sandwich Restaurants Headquarters:
The international headquarters for Subway Sandwich restaurants and franchises are located in Milford, Connecticut.
The Subway Sandwich Fast Food Restaurants Mission Statement:
In its clarity, simplicity, and achievability, the Subway Sandwich Restaurant chain has one of the best mission statements in the U.S. restaurant industry. The Subway mission statement is...
"Delight every customer so they want to tell their friends – with great value through fresh, delicious, made-to-order sandwiches, and an exceptional experience."
Subway fast food restaurants also have a larger vision, which is the inspiration for its international restaurant operations. The Subway restaurants and franchises Vision is...
"Be the #1 Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) franchise in the world, while delivering fresh, delicious sandwiches and an exceptional experience."
How Subway Sandwich restaurant franchisees and employees achieve the company's mission and make the Subway vision a reality is further defined by the Subway Core Values and Philosophy...
- Family – We build our business relationships by serving each other, our customers and our communities, much as we do within our own
- Teamwork – We challenge ourselves and each other to succeed through teamwork, against shared goals and to be accountable for our responsibilities.
- Opportunity – We create an entrepreneurial, ever-growing SUBWAY® community, increasing the opportunity for everyone.
More About U.S. Company Mission Statements, History, and Headquarters:
- Complete List of Restaurant Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- Quotable Quotes from Subway Founder, Fred DeLuca
- Subway Ranks as One of the World's Most Valuable Brands
- Subway Awards from Zagat's Annual Fast Food Survey
| Free Retail Newsletter | E-mail Quote of the Day | Pinteresting Retail Pins |
Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |