Updated October 15, 2013The definition of work-life balance is as individual as the individual doing the balancing. So even if a company has a desire to provide work-life balance for its employees, the policies, culture, and benefits that are most balancing to some employees might have little or no value to the personal lives of others.
Rating and ranking the work-life balance of a retailing employer - or an employer in any industry - is equally as difficult as providing the balance itself. The only sure way job hunters can know if working at a particular retailing company will provide the work-life balance they're looking for is by getting insights from current and former employees who have similar work-life values and priorities.
This is why the annual ranking of Best Companies for Work-Life Balance at Glassdoor.com are valuable. The open and anonymous employee rating platform of Glassdoor provides insights about work-life balance through employee ratings, and more importantly, through employee comments. Since there are no guidelines provided about how "work-life balance" is defined, each individual employee's rating is based on their own personal opinion about what "work-life balance" means, which may or may not match anyone else's. Reading the pros and cons in employee comments should give job searchers a realistic snapshot of the quality of work-life balance provided by each employer.
What follows is a list of the retailing companies that have been included on the Glassdoor "Best Companies for Work-Life Balance" list for 2013, 2012, and 2011. The number to the left of each company name indicates the ranking of the company on the overall list of Best Work-Life Balance companies in all industries, out of a total of 25 top companies ranked. Click the links below each retailer to find out more about employment, job, and career opportunities at each retailing company.
2013 Best Retailing Companies for Work Life Balance:
20 Shell Oil
- Current Job Openings at Shell Oil
- Culture and Values for Shell Oil Employees
- Read the Most Positive Work-Life Balance Reviews About Shell
- Apply Online for Shell Oil Jobs
- Current Retail Related Job Openings at Chevron
- Doing Business "The Chevron Way"
- All Positive Employee Reviews about Work-Life Balance at Chevron
- Apply for Global Chevron Job Opportunities
- All Current Job Opening at REI
- REI Compared to All "Best Retail Companies to Work For"
- Reviews of Work-Life Balance From Current and Former REI Employees
- Apply for REI Jobs Online
- Today's Job Openings at Wayfair
- Why Wayfair is a Most Promising Retail Company
- All Reviews from Past and Present Wayfair Employees
- Apply for Open Positions at Wayfair Online
- All Sheetz Retail and Management Job Openings
- Compare Sheetz to the Largest U.S. Convenience Store Chains
- Positive and Negative Employee Reviews of Sheetz
- Apply Online for "Sheetz Jobz"
Share This Story | Trending Retail Topics | Newest Articles & Updates
| Free Retail Newsletter | E-mail Quote of the Day | Pinteresting Retail Pins |
Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |