U.S. retail industry analysts were as surprised by Blake's career path as they were about his appointment to the CEO position at Home Depot. Blake's complete job history below will reveal the reasons why Blake's current job position has been questioned and scrutinized from the beginning.
The Career Path of Francis (Frank) Blake, CEO, Home Depot
- Born in Boston
- Bachelor’s degree, Harvard College
- Jurisprudence degree, Columbia School of Law
- Legislative assistant to the joint committee on social welfare, Massachusetts legislature
- Law clerk, Judge Wilfred Feinbert
- Law clerk to Justice John Paul Stevens, U.S. Supreme Court
- Deputy counsel, Vice President George Bush
- General counsel, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- General counsel, GE Power Systems
- Vice president of business development, GE Power Systems
- Senior vice president, General Electric Co.
- Deputy Secretary, US Department of Energy
- Executive vice president of business development and corporate operations, Home Depot, Inc.
- Vice chairman of the board of directors, Home Depot, Inc.
- Chairman and CEO, Home Depot, Inc.