Updated May 18, 2012Just in his 30's, Tony Hsieh is already recognized as a passionate customer service expert and legendary retail leader in his role as the CEO of the Internet shopping website, Zappos.com. Hsieh is credited with building an exemplary employee culture that consistently delivers exceptional service experiences to a fanatically loyal customer base.
Certainly every U.S. retail industry leader understands the importance of good customer service. The Tony Hsieh difference happens when he and his employee team put customer service philosophy into customer service best practices all day, every day without exception in order to create the exceptional. To read quotes about customer service from Tony Hsieh is to read deceptively simple cutting edge ideas about passionate customer service that can elevate the customer experience of any company with direct customer contact.
Click to get Inspired Insights Quote of the Day via e-mail >>
Quotable Quotes From Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com, About Passionate Customer Service Philosophies and Practice:
- “We asked ourselves what we wanted this company to stand for. We didn't want to just sell shoes. I wasn't even into shoes - but I was passionate about customer service."
"At Zappos.com, we decided a long time ago that we didn't want our brand to be just about shoes, or clothing, or even online retailing. We decided that we wanted to build our brand to be about the very best customer service and the very best customer experience."
- "Our customers call and e-mail us to say that's how it feels when a Zappos box arrives. And that's how we view this company."
- "We believe that customer service shouldn't be just a department; it should be the entire company."
- "Businesses often forget about the culture, and ultimately, they suffer for it because you can't deliver good service from unhappy employees."
- "At Zappos, our belief is that if you get the culture right, most of the other stuff - like great customer service, or building a great long-term brand, or passionate employees and customers - will happen naturally on its own."
- "Every employee can affect your company's brand, not just the front-line employees that are paid to talk to your customers."
- "When people call our call center, our reps don't have scripts, and they don't try to up-sell. They are just judged on whether they go above and beyond for the customer and really deliver a kind of personal service and emotional connection with our customers."
- "We take most of the money that we could have spent on paid advertising and instead put it back into the customer experience. Then we let the customers be our marketing."
- "Historically, our number-one growth driver has been from repeat customers and word of mouth."
- "Hopefully 10 years from now people won't even realize we started out selling shoes. They will just think about Zappos as a place to get the best customer service."
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries Quotes About Sexualizing a U.S. Brand
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Quotes About Customer Service Strategy
- Apple Founder Steve Jobs Quotes About Innovation
- Costco CEO James Sinegal Quotes About Strategic Planning and Operations
- Dell founder, Michael Dell Quotes About Work Passion and Career Purpose
- General Motors CEO Edward Whitacre Quotes about Recovering From Bankruptcy
- IKEA Founder Ingvar Kamprad Quotes about IKEA Retailing and Management
- JCPenney Founder James Cash Penney Quotes About Principles in Business
- McDonald's Founder Ray Kroc Quotes About Building a Fast Food Franchise
- Starbucks CEO Quotes About Building a World Class Brand
- Subway Founder Fred DeLuca Quotes about Leading the World's Largest Franchise
- Wal-Mart Founder Sam Walton Quotes About Retailing
- Whole Foods Co-Founder John Mackey Quotes About Health and Healthcare
- Humorous, Inspirational, and Motivational Quotes from Retail Founders
- L.L. Bean, Ralph Lauren, & Lillian Vernon Quotes & Philosophies Behind the Brand
- Quotations About Leadership character from Coach John Wooden
- Quotes About Motivation From Famous Leaders and Achievers
| Pinteresting Retail Pins | Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |