RELATED 2013 CHRISTMAS UPDATES:
- Christmas Eve Early Store Closing Times
- Retail and Restaurant Chains Open Christmas Day, 2013
- Day After Christmas Clearance Sales - Store Opening Times and Extended Hours
The joy of the Christmas holiday season is overshadowed by the stress of the holiday shopping season each year for American consumers. What follows are funny and inspirational quotes about Christmas gifts and holiday shopping that will help lift the mood of the average American shopper and remind us all not to take the Christmas holiday shopping, consuming and preparations too seriously.
- "As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December's bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same." - Donald E. Westlake, crime fiction writer
- "One good thing about Christmas shopping it toughens you for the January sales." - Grace Kriley
- "The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other." - Burton Hillis, columnist and author
- "Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas." - Peg Bracken, author
- Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want and their kids pay for it. - Richard Lamm, former Governor of Colorado
- "Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money." - Author unknown
- "A Christmas shopper's complaint is one of long-standing." ~ Author unknown
- "From a commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would be necessary to invent it." ~ Katharine Whitehorn, British columnist
- "Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice." - Dave Barry, humor columnist
- "The magi, as you know, were wise men — wonderfuly wise men who brought gifts to the Babe in the manger. They invented the art of giving Christmas presents." - O. Henry, short story writer
- "Wretched excess is an unfortunate human trait that turns a perfectly good idea such as Christmas into a frenzy of last-minute shopping." - Jon Anderson, musician
- "Consider Christmas — could Satan in his most malignant mood have devised a worse combination of graft plus bunkum than the system whereby several hundred million people get a billion or so gifts for which they have no use, and some thousands of shop clerks die of exhaustion while selling them, and every other child in the Western world is made ill from overeating — all in the name of the lowly Jesus?" - Upton Sinclair, author
- "Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don't quite know how to put our love into words." - Harlan Miller, writer
- “Three phrases that sum up Christmas are: Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Men, and Batteries not Included”. – English Proverb
- "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph." ~ Shirley Temple, child actor and former U.S. ambassador
- "Christmas is the season when you buy this year's gifts with next year's money." ~ Author Unknown
- "Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer.... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously?" ~ Bill Watterson, cartoonist and creator of Calvin and Hobbes
- "Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect." - Oren Arnold, author
- "Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space." - Dave Barry, humor columnist
- "One of the nice things about Christmas is that you can make people forget the past with a present." ~ Author Unknown
- Important Holiday Shopping Event Dates and Calendar
- 2012 Thanksgiving Day Store Hours
- 2012 Black Friday Store Hours
- Pre-Black Friday and Black Friday News Hub
- Thanksgiving Day Only Best Deals, Coupons and Special Discounts
- Wal-Mart's Best Thanksgiving Day Deals In-store and Online
- Where to Find the Best Amazon.com Pre-Black Friday, Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
Fun and Funny Quotes About Politics, the Economy, and Capitalism
Funny and Inspirational Quotes About Competition, Pro and Anti-Capitalism
Famous, Funny, and Inspirational quotes About Business
Funny Motivational Quotes
Fun and Funny Quotes About Lawsuits, Litigation, and the American Legal System
Funny and Inspiring Quotations About Fortune From Famous, Successful & Wealthy People
Funny and Inspirational Quotes About Setbacks, Comebacks, and Overcoming Adversity
The Fun and Funny Side of Jobs, Unemployment, Working and Not Working
Funny and Inspirational Quotes About Reputations, Good & Bad
Inspirational and Funny Quotes from Oprah Winfrey on Success, Work, and Business
Famous, Funny, and Inspiring Quotes About Wal-Mart
Fun and Funny Quotes About Restaurants, Food, Waiters, and Dining Out
Fun and Funny Quotes About Supermarkets, Grocery Stores and Shopping for Groceries
Fun and Inspiration Quotes About Twitter, Social Media and Social Business
Funny and Inspiring Quotes about Shopping, Consuming, and Retail Therapy in the U.S.
- Funny and Insightful Quotations about Prius Brand Cars and the Toyota Company