Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream Stores Founders Facts and Trivia:
Baskin-Robbins was founded by brothers-in-law Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins, who each started their own ice cream shops, and then merged them together to create the Baskin-Robbins concept. Irv’s ice cream store was Snowbird Ice Cream, which he opened in Glendale, California in 1945, featuring 21 different ice cream flavors. Burt’s ice cream shop was called Burton’s Ice Cream Shop, and the first one opened in Pasadena, California in 1946.
In 1953 more than 40 Burton’s and Snowbird Ice Cream shops were rebranded as Baskin-Robbins 31 Ice Cream, with “31” representing a different flavor for every day of the month. Baskin-Robbins was acquired by London-based J. Lyons & Col, and is now part of the Dunkin’ Brands group along with the Dunkin’ Donuts chain.
Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream Chain Headquarters:
The corporate headquarters of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream are located with the headquarters of the Dunkin’ Brands group in Canton, Massachusetts.
The Mission Statement of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream and Dunkin’ Brands:
Since 100% of the more than 6,000 Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream stores in 50 countries are franchise-owned, each Baskin-Robbins franchise owner could have their own mission statement. But as the parent company of Baskin-Robbins, Dunkin’ Brands has 12 Values and Principles that the company believes should guide the decisions of everyone associated with Baskin-Robbins retail outlets, leading Baskin-Robbins franchisees toward success. The Dunkin’ Brands Values and Guiding Principles are:
- Honesty - Embrace the truth about oneself and the world.
- Transparency - Demonstrate openness and vulnerability.
- Humility - Acknowledge own mistakes and commit to learning.
- Integrity - Say what you think and do what you say.
- Respectfulness - Honor the dignity, inclusion, and diversity of others.
- Fairness - Do what is right based on common principles.
- Responsibility - Make yourself accountable to the community.
- Leadership - Responsibility with passion at every level.
- Innovation - Excellence in everything we do.
- Execution - Ownership and accountability for results, success and failure.
- Social Stewardship - Demonstration of good corporate citizenship and responsibility to all constituencies.
- Fun - Approach every challenge with enthusiasm, energy and excitement... celebrate every step of the way!”
- Complete List of Restaurant Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- How to Get Free Ice Cream in the Baskin-Robbins Birthday Club
- Get Hourly and Management Jobs at Baskin-Robbins Stores
- How Baskin-Robbins Ranks as a Global Franchise Chain