GameStop began as Babbage's, which was a small software retailer founded in 1984 in Dallas, Texas. After a series of mergers with Funco, Inc. and Barnes & Noble, GameStop became its own company and an independent chain of retail stores in the year 2000.
Corporate Headquarters of GameStop:
The GameStop headquarters are located in Grapevine, Texas.
The Mission Statement of GameStop:
GameStop refers to its mission statement as a vision statement. However, when considering the purpose of a company or corporate mission statement, the wording of the GameStop vision statement lacks both a mission and a vision, except in its reference to the gaming industry. According to its website, the GameStop vision statement is:
"Together, we hold a passion for gaming, a commitment to our industry and a disciplined business perspective to continuously drive value with shareholders, customers, vendors and employees."
More About U.S. Company Mission Statements, History, and Headquarters:
- Complete List of Entertainment Store Store Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- GameStop on the World's Largest Retail Companies List
- GameStop Not Chosen By Customers for Best Customer Service
- GameStop's Mobile Gift Cards
| Free Retail Newsletter | E-mail Quote of the Day | Pinteresting Retail Pins |
Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |