Kmart was founded in 1899 by Sebastian S. Kresge as the S.S. Kresge Company. Kmart filed Chapter 11 in 2002, and was acquired by Sears in 2005.
Sears Holding Company headquarters are located in Hoffman Estates, IL.
Kmart Mission / Vision Statement:
"We are committed to improving the lives of our customers by providing quality services, products and solutions that earn their trust and build lifetime relationships."
"The Five Key Pillars of Our Strategy
1. Creating lasting relationships with customers by empowering them to manage their lives
2. Attaining best in class productivity and efficiency
3. Building our brands
4. Reinventing the company continuously through technology and innovation
5. Reinforcing “The SHC Way” by living our values every day"
- Complete List of Discount Store Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- Worst Retail Companies to Work For
- Kmart 2010 Store Closings
- Least Admired U.S. Retail Companies
- Martha Stewart and Kmart End Unhappy Partnership
| Pinteresting Retail Pins | Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |