The first Office Depot store was opened in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in October 1986 by founders and partners Pat Sher, Jack Kopkin and Stephen Dougherty.
Corporate Headquarters for Office Depot:
The headquarters of Office Depot are located in Boca Raton, Florida, not far from where the first Office Depot store location.
The Mission Statement of Office Depot:
The mission statement of Office Depot is intertwined with the Office Depot corporate values. This provides Office Depot employess with a big picture vision and some specific guidelines about how to conduct Office Depot business on a daily basis as well. According to the Office Depot website, the Office Depot mission statement and corporate values are:
“Delivering Winning Solutions That Inspire Worklife
Our actions speak louder than words. We are accountable: doing what we say we're going to do efficiently and on time.
We act with confidence. We're proud to win. We push ourselves to greater heights. And we don't settle for less than being the best.
We listen to our customers and understand their needs. We offer products, services and innovative thinking that enable our customers to achieve success.
Our inspiration is contagious and enables us to unleash creativity to help people achieve their goals. Our motivation and enthusiasm inspire others to succeed.
We combine our energy for work with our passion for life. We are creating a fuller, more enriched lifestyle. We share the desire to maximize human potential to achieve personal dreams.”
More About U.S. Company Mission Statements, History, and Headquarters:
- Complete List of Retail Office Supply Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- Office Depot Named As a Best Workplace for Women to Work, Manage, and Get Promoted
- How Office Depot Rates For Mobile and Website Efficiency
- Customer Satisfaction Rankings for Office Depot