Sears Holdings Founders Facts and Trivia:
One of the oldest operating retail operations in the U.S. began by accident in 1886 when Richard W. Sears received a box of watches by mistake and began selling them to his colleagues. Sears Roebuck and Company was officially born in 1893.
Corporate Headquarters of Sears Holdings:
The Sears Holdings corporate headquarters are located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
The Mission Statement of Sears Holdings:
Sears Holdings is also the parent company for Kmart stores, but each chain has its own mission statement. The mission statement that guides the employees of Sears retail department stores is:
"We are committed to improving the lives of our customers by providing quality services, products and solutions that earn their trust and build lifetime relationships."
More About U.S. Company Mission Statements, History, and Headquarters:
- Complete List of Department Store Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- 2012 Sears and Kmart Store Closings - Complete List
- Can Sears Regain Its Status As a Great American Brand?
- How Sears Ranks for Customer Satisfaction