The first Starbucks location opened in 1971 in Pike Place market in Seattle, WA. Eleven years later, Howard Schultz was hired by the company to be the director of retail operations and marketing. The first Starbucks with the current coffee house look and feel was opened in 1984 in downtown Seattle.
Starbucks Coffee Headquarters:
The Starbucks headquarters are still located in Seattle, WA.
Starbucks Coffee Mission Statement:
"Our mission: to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time."
To accomplish its mission, Starbucks has principles that guide all of its employees as they go about their daily business:
- Our Coffee – It has always been, and will always be, about quality.
- Our Partners – We always treat each other with respect and dignity. And we hold each other to that standard.
- Our Customers – When we are fully engaged, we connect with, laugh with, and uplift the lives of our customers – even if just for a few moments.
- Our Stores – It’s about enjoyment at the speed of life – sometimes slow and savored, sometimes faster. Always full of humanity.
- Our Neighborhood – We can be a force for positive action – bringing together our partners, customers, and the community to contribute every day.
- Our Shareholders - We are fully accountable to get each of these elements right so that Starbucks – and everyone it touches – can endure and thrive.
- Complete List of Restaurant Chain Mission Statements
- Gallery of All Retail Company Mission Statements
- Oldest Retail Companies in the U.S. - Founding Dates
- Headquarters and Management Jobs in the U.S. Retail Industry
- The Starbucks Brand of Service
- Starbucks Named a "Best Retail Employer"
- Global Store Openings Planned for Starbucks in 2010
| Free Retail Newsletter | E-mail Quote of the Day | Pinteresting Retail Pins |
Follow on Twitter | "Like" on Facebook |